Xiaomi, India’s number 1 smartphone and Smart TV brand today announced that it has achieved a record breaking sale of over 1.5 million devices in the first few hours across Diwali With Mi on mi.com, The Big Billion Days on Flipkart, and Great Indian Shopping Festival on Amazon. The majority of this milestone is from smartphones, followed by Mi Ecosystem devices, Accessories and Mi TVs.
This translates to 10 devices sold per second in the same period. Xiaomi devices include Xiaomi smartphones, Mi TVs, Mi Band(s), Mi Power Banks, Mi Earphones and other Mi Ecosystem devices and accessory products that were sold across three platforms.
The start of festive season sale also saw the following Xiaomi devices achieving bestseller status in their respective categories on partner platform*:
· Five out of the top 10 best selling smartphones are Xiaomi smartphones
· Mi TV(s): Top two out of three bestsellers in the Smart TV category
· Mi Band(s): Top two out of three bestsellers in the Wearable category
· Mi Power Banks: Top two out of three bestsellers in the power banks category
· Mi Security Camera: Top two out of three bestsellers in the security camera category
· Mi Air Purifier 2S: #1 bestseller in the Air Purifier category
Raghu Reddy, Head of Categories and Online sales, Xiaomi India says, “The festive season of Dussehra/Diwali has always been the biggest shopping season for customers. Every year, we try to make it more joyous for our consumers by offering newer products and attractive offers. This year we launched several new Mi TVs, Redmi 8A and attractive offers on Redmi Note 7 series, Redmi 7, Redmi 7A etc. Our festive sales have kicked off to an amazing start where we have sold over 1.5 million devices across all online platforms. We are thrilled, and equally humbled by all the love we received from our customers and Mi Fans across India. We hope these Xiaomi purchases usher in the festive cheer for everyone.”